Skip to main content

On Creation

 I found the rare good Youtube video that covers this topic well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPUFVgvJ1k. But, to continue my point, all creation, be it of art or of more mundane use, requires discipline, focus, and a good understanding of the medium and the topic at hand. Certain tools may be able to speed up aspects of this, such as RPG Maker providing its own art assets and handling most of the requisite code for an RPG, but they can't make up for the lack of these qualities - see also the many sloppy RPG Maker titles that flood digital storefronts.

The only true way to gain them is through practice, and through clarity of mind. Hence, the best way to create things is to start creating them, and to not worry about how good or bad the end result is, and to keep an open mind and develop a clear purpose and direction in your head.

Hope this helps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Professional dilettante. Former assembly coding enthusiast, dabbled with writing reviews and analyses, currently training to be a statistician. Notable creations: Circle of the Moon Card Mode romhack Jets of Time, the Chrono Trigger open world randomizer To the Moon minisode 1 tester: "Dev J Chand" is me. Also tester for MuHa's Master of Magic remake Advisor for the Warlords mod  for Caster of Magic for Windows Contact: dev221117@gmail.com Discord Bluesky

Final Fantasy 6: All About Losers

 So, as it happens, I managed to reexperience some of Final Fantasy 6 through a Let's Play of its Pixel Remaster. On the whole, the game remains enjoyable and entertaining as an experience, despite some aspects that haven't aged very well. But that made me ponder what I liked about it, and I think I have found a rather simple, if seemingly contrarian answer: Final Fantasy 6 is a story about losers. Think about it. Terra, the very first protagonist we're introduced to, is a vacuous woman who constantly struggles with doubts about herself and her decisions. Locke, well, he constantly has complexes over a girlfriend who died ages ago and whose corpse he constantly preserves in a basement attended to by a creepy guy. Edgar? Sabin? Well, they're definitely a touch more adjusted than most of the protagonists, but are by no means flawless beings, and definitely no selfless paladins in shining armor. Edgar is, as is often noted, a smart and capable ruler who also happens to be ...

Some screenshots from Aria of Sorrow Castle B

 Ever since I played Harmony of Dissonance, I always wondered what a moody and hellish version of Aria of Sorrow's castle would look like, ala Castle B of the former game. JonataGuitar's excellent recolor mod for AoS inspired me to work on this idea. It took quite a lot of practice, and opinions from others, but I'm happy with what I've got so far. Screenshots below: Let me know what you think! As for the next post of A Long Look at To the Moon: it's coming soon. Stay tuned!