Does anyone else think they're bullshit? I mean, what kind of "creative expression" is being defended by copyrighting code anyhow? All code is, is a means of solving logical and technical "puzzles" to get computers to do the things you want them to do. And I bet that if all code was made open source, nothing would be lost. On the contrary, it would improve software development by orders of magnitude.
But I suppose it would cut down on coder jobs, and many people do struggle to get good jobs these days. Eh.
Professional dilettante. Former assembly coding enthusiast, dabbled with writing reviews and analyses, currently training to be a statistician. Notable creations: Circle of the Moon Card Mode romhack Jets of Time, the Chrono Trigger open world randomizer To the Moon minisode 1 tester: "Dev J Chand" is me. Also tester for MuHa's Master of Magic remake Advisor for the Warlords mod for Caster of Magic for Windows Contact: dev221117@gmail.com Discord Bluesky
Yeah I kind of agree. There's some pessimism on how vibe coding can copy your idea in an hour but what kind of idea has its entire surface area visible in the UI?? And what you share online on social media/blog is completely at discretion
ReplyDelete