Skip to main content

March Status Update

 Hello.

I am sure there's not many people reading this, but I might as well give an update on myself.

I've been doing fine. I recently completed my playthrough of Trials of Mana, also informally known as Seiken Densetsu 3, over here. Unlike my previous LPs of the franchise, I won't be reposting it here - I already reposted it in a discord where most people interested in it have already seen it, and where it can be decently archived, so long as Discord doesn't go down.

I've also been playing Revikatis' mod for Tactics Ogre: Reborn, which seems to have a lot of promising changes. It's still pretty early in the game, but I like what I've played of it so far, and am hopeful of it remaining pleasant.

I'm also considering starting a screenshot LP of Star Ocean: The Second Story very soon. I think there aren't any good LPs of it on the Internet, aside maybe from Grimith's video LP, which is excellent, but also sadly unfinished. While it's not a perfect game by any means, I do think it tries a fair few interesting things, and deserves a fair portrayal.

Well, that'll do it for now. See you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Me

Professional dilettante. Former assembly coding enthusiast, dabbled with writing reviews and analyses, currently training to be a statistician. Notable creations: Circle of the Moon Card Mode romhack Jets of Time, the Chrono Trigger open world randomizer To the Moon minisode 1 tester: "Dev J Chand" is me. Also tester for MuHa's Master of Magic remake Advisor for the Warlords mod  for Caster of Magic for Windows Contact: dev221117@gmail.com Discord Bluesky

Final Fantasy 6: All About Losers

 So, as it happens, I managed to reexperience some of Final Fantasy 6 through a Let's Play of its Pixel Remaster. On the whole, the game remains enjoyable and entertaining as an experience, despite some aspects that haven't aged very well. But that made me ponder what I liked about it, and I think I have found a rather simple, if seemingly contrarian answer: Final Fantasy 6 is a story about losers. Think about it. Terra, the very first protagonist we're introduced to, is a vacuous woman who constantly struggles with doubts about herself and her decisions. Locke, well, he constantly has complexes over a girlfriend who died ages ago and whose corpse he constantly preserves in a basement attended to by a creepy guy. Edgar? Sabin? Well, they're definitely a touch more adjusted than most of the protagonists, but are by no means flawless beings, and definitely no selfless paladins in shining armor. Edgar is, as is often noted, a smart and capable ruler who also happens to be ...

Tactics Ogre: Rise of Chaos

 Tactics Ogre is, for the uninitiated, an isometric psuedo 3D strategy RPG about an island kingdom plunged in ethnic conflict, civil war, and general chaos. Our dear protagonists ostensibly try to fight for the survival of their own ethnicity at first, but things get complicated and weird fast. Gripping storyline aside, this is a game that gives you lots of fun tools, letting you mock almost anything and everything, up to the final boss himself! Let me demonstrate... Before we begin Give everyone a bow and a herb, recruit one extra chaotic male and lawful female human, and two gryphons, both chaotic. The humans can be any element, but the gryphons should only be air based. All of the above can be purchased from the starting shops, just keep walking back and forth and checking the shops if they don't show up. Fight it Out! So, we're going to ignore the training session for as long as possible. Training is boring and we're trying to have fun. To do this, we'll intentional...